Admission to Caring Hearts High School is a rigorous process, is ensuring only the most vulnerable and academically deserving students are admitted.
In addition to proof of lack of financial support from their family and/or community, an applicant must have earned 330 points in her class eight (8) national examination, Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE). Needy orphans, children from poverty-stricken single parent families, especially children of widows are given priority in our admission process.
All applications are evaluated by a team comprising of:
- Regional representative
- Teachers who visit applicants home
- The Principal
- The director
- All applicants must have earned 330 points in their Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) exams.
- Candidates seeking sponsorship must provide information about their family's financial constraints and home circumstances. The information provided must be verified by their regional representative who might rely on the principal of the applicant's previous school, local sub chief or spiritual leaders.
- 50% of Form I places are reserved for needy girls from severely disadvantaged family backgrounds.
Vulnerability (need) is defined and prioritized asÂ follows:
- A total orphan:Â A student with no extended family that is able to pay for her high school education.
- A girl whose father is deceased or disabled, and whose mother and extended family have no means to assist her with tuition for high school education.
- A girl whose mother is deceased or disabled and whose father and extended family have no means to assist her with tuition for her high school education.
- A girl whose parents are still alive but extremely poor, with no reliable source of income to assist her with tuition for her high school education.
Priority in admission is also given to girls who had repeated class 8 even though they had passing grades and those who have been languishing at home due to lack of school fees. Further, applicants from marginalized communities and those at risk are considered heavily.
Tuition paying candidates have Caring Hearts High School as one of the choices in their selections of secondary schools. Tuition is guaranteed to remain the same until a student graduates from CHHS.